Veteran's Cup 2014 : Notice of Race15 Aug, 2014
Convoy Cup Basin Race : September 13, 2014
1. Management: The races will be hosted by the Dartmouth Yacht Club of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
2. Races: will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing 2013-2016 (RRS), the prescriptions of Sail Canada, the Notice of Race, and where modified, by the sailing instructions. The regatta is designated a Category “C” Event. Dartmouth Yacht Club race committee and Protest Committee shall have final authority on all matters.
3. Eligibility: The owner must be a current member of their national governing body, i.e.: local sailors must be a member of Sail Canada. Your Sail Canada card or similar proof of membership may be requested at registration. Yachts must have a valid Sail Nova Scotia PHRF rating.
4. Registration: Eligible boats shall be registered not less than 60 minutes before the first warning signal of the first race by filing the appropriate registration sheet forms with the race registration committee. Registration will take place at the Dartmouth Yacht Club clubhouse.
5. Classes: There will be A Class, B Class and non-spinnaker (cruiser). A minimum of five boats must be registered in order to comprise a class. A, B and Cruiser Class may be combined or split. The split shall be determined by the median point of handicap rating of the boats entered in the three classes.
6. Schedule: The regatta will be held on Saturday, September 13, 2014 and will have the following schedule:
- 1800 to 2000, Thursday, Sept. 11 - Registration
- 1700 to 2100, Friday, Sept. 12 - Registration
- 1800 to 2100, Friday, Sept. 12 - BBQ and Music
- 1000 to 1200, Saturday, Sept. 13 - Registration
- 1200, Saturday, Sept. 13 - Skipper’s Meeting ￼
- 1300, ￼ Saturday, Sept. 13 - First Gun
- 1700, Saturday, Sept. 13 - Food ￼
- 1700, Sunday, Sept. 14 - Participants’ Reception
- 1800, Sunday, Sept. 14 - Awards
7. Entry Fees: Entry fee for all classes will be $25.00 per vessel.
8. Courses: All classes will sail courses in the Bedford Basin. The course shall be posted on the RC Boat prior to the first warning.
9. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers in each class.
10. Insurance: All yachts must show proof of $1,000,000.00 liability insurance.
11. Contacts: Dartmouth Yacht Club, 697 Windmill Road, Dartmouth, N.S., B3B 1B7. Tel: (902) 468-6050, Fax: (902) 468-0385 or Stephen Whitefield, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org